Our Application Requirements
The following information explains the criteria that we use to screen our tenants. Please note that the following information is general criteria only. For more specific criteria on a given property, please contact Team Idaho Real Estate directly.
* Applications will be submitted on-line via our website at www.teamidahorealestate.com or delivered to our office at 204 S Main St., Moscow ID 83843.
* Each applicant over the age of 18 and co-signers must submit a completed application and pay the application fee of $35.00 per person. (Application fees are not refundable)
* A minimum of 3 years verifiable rental history from a 3rd party landlord (not a relative) - OR - a minimum 2 year verifiable history of home ownership. If you do not have rental history a co-signer will be required.
* Total household monthly income must be at least (3) times the amount of rent. Submit a copy of past 90 days of current paystubs, as well as any proof of any court ordered spousal or child support, Social Security benefits, GI benefits, pensions, disability income, trust income, dividend income, or other sources of regular income. If self-employed, please submit two (2) years of tax returns and most current 3 months of bank statements. Income received annually will be averaged over 12 months.
* Employment must be verifiable.
* Co-Signers must make (4) times the monthly rent, provide 90 days of current paystubs and employment must be verifiable. Co-Signers must be at current employment for (3) years or more.
* All Co-Signers must reside within the United States.
* Co-Signers are jointly financially responsible for all funds due related to the lease agreement.
* Each application must be submitted with a copy of a valid government issued photo ID (i.e. Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Passport) (including co-signers)
* Approved applications have 3 days to sign the lease. After 3 days the unit will be given to the next qualified applicant.
* Applicant (including co-signer) must have a minimum credit score of 650.
* If credit score is below 650 an additional security deposit or last month’s rent may be charged.
* Credit will be obtained for each applicant through TransUnion.
* If credit report contains a bankruptcy, negative credit, judgements, collections or liens, acceptance is at the discretion of the property manager.
* Any utility collections must be paid in full before lease signing. Proof from utility company showing paid in full will be required.
Automatic Application Denial:
* Missing, incomplete or wrong Social Security number.
* Four or more late payments of rent or mortgage within a 12 month period.
* Two or more NSF checks within a 12 month period.
* Rental history reflecting any unpaid past due rent.
* Any unlawful detainer action or eviction within the last 3 years.
* Rental history reflecting property damage.
* Rental history with complaints (disturbance or other) if the manager would not re-rent.
* Any past incidence of an unauthorized person or pets in a property if the manager would not re-rent.
* Any collections or judgements from past landlords.
* Any outstanding balance owed to past landlords.
* Application with missing, false, inaccurate or misleading information.
* Applicant will not be considered if applicant has any bankruptcy proceedings not yet discharged. Proof of discharge will be required. (After a discharged bankruptcy, applicant must show 6 months of positive, established credit).
Security Deposit & Move in Costs:
* Security deposit starts at (1) months’ rent and may be increased based on employment, rental history and credit history.
* Security Deposits, Pet Deposits, First and Last months’ rents are to be paid by Cashier’s Check or Money Orders ONLY, or pre-paid through our tenant portal 30 at least prior to move-in, or as detailed in the Welcome Home Move-In Letter.
* All move-in Fees must be paid in full before taking possession of the rental property & as detailed in the lease.
* If move in date is on or after the 20th of the month. The next full months’ rent will be due at time of move in.
* At this time we do not have properties pre-approved for Section 8 or HUD vouchers, however all properties are available to go through Idaho Housing inspection for Housing Voucher Acceptance once the application is approved.
* Individual rental property owners set pet policy on their property.
* All applicants must see the interior of the property before a Residential Lease can be submitted and accept the property in an AS IS condition, except where there is written agreement for repairs with the owner. If so, that agreement will become a part of the lease. Verbal representations are non-binding.
* We acknowledge and abide by all Fair Housing laws and regulations.
* Applications will be processed in the order received, first application with all requirements received equals first considered in approval process.
* All photo I.D.s must be received BEFORE your application will be processed.
* Completed rental applications will be processed in the order that they are received. It is your responsibility to provide us with the necessary information to contact your present and past landlords. We will make a good faith effort; however, if we are unable to contact your landlords for a rental reference and verify your rental history, your application may be denied.
* If an application is for a property is in advance of the existing tenant vacating, please be aware that the date the unit becomes available is subject to change due to existing tenant schedule and the needs of unit turnover without prior notification.
* Modifications to tenancy do require an administrative processing fee and requests must be made in writing